Student Union - a voluntary organization which brings students together and helps to guide them on their way through the Academy of Social Management (ASOU). The Student Union plans and organizes a range of social and artistic events, and contributes to professional development through a variety of information initiatives, in addition to providing an effective cooperation mechanism between students and the Academy administration.
Student Science Society (NSO) - conducts research activities and practical workshops. Its participants have the opportunity to gain practical experience and carry out their own research projects. The NSO is organized in the form of interest clubs.
The ASOU Cultural Center hosts entertainment and creative activities for students and graduates in the Academy, including balls, discos, New Year parties, alumni meetings and a range of other events. In addition to the vocal, theatrical and dance groups, there is a fine arts studio and film society, as well as many other projects in which ASOU students are actively involved.
Freshmen Day - A cultural and sports event held in September to congratulate newcomers with joining the ASOU “club”. The event program includes a greeting from the rector, an initiation ceremony for first-year students, followed by a range of sports, a concert, and a disco.
Friendship Evening - A concert and dining event organized by the Student Union, which provides an outstanding example of friendship, tolerance, youth and love.
Theatrical performances – The Theatre Studio offers classic and contemporary drama productions. Foreign language department also often presents its own short productions in English.
Miss and Mister ASOU - A contest that has become a tradition, allowing young women studying at the University to show their individuality, uniqueness and charm.
Day of the Academy – The homecoming of alumni, which takes place in October.
- help for disabled children;
- help for aged people;
- help for war veterans;
- participation in various charity activities (balls and marathons).
The students of the Academy have been participating in different cultural and sport events held by Moscow and Moscow Region’s governments including championships of Europe and the World.
Moscow Regional Institute of Additional Professional Education for Teachers being renamed into Moscow Regional Institute of Advanced Training for Teachers and later on into Pedagogical Academy of Post-Graduate Education was established in 1930. The Academy of Public Administration is the inheritor of the above-mentioned harbingers.
ASOU, which, in Russian, stands for the Academy of Public Administration, was founded on September 06, 2004 by the decree of Moscow Region’s Governor Boris Gromov. The necessity of its creation was caused by the demand of highly-skilled staff aimed at management of social processes and need for scientific provision of pedagogical system in Moscow Region.
The Academy is a state institution of higher professional education of Moscow Region effecting educational, cultural and scientific activities in the area of secondary, higher education and additional professional education.
From the outset ASOU was intended to become a unique academic research and education center. It quickly became Moscow Region’s leading training institution, with ASOU professors making a major contribution across the fields of teaching and upbringing. Additionally, it took a position at the forefront of scientific endeavor, with the establishment of 5 renowned scientific research and methods centers, 8 scientific practical centers , 40 chairs and departments, and as the workplace of many outstanding Russian scientists including 304 doctors of Philosophy and 58 members of different scientific academies.
The range of academic disciplines being offered is constantly expanding, with new departments and scientific centers.
Founded as an academy to forge professionals for regional needs, ASOU has today become a unique regional humanities center with a reputation for scientific excellence.
ASOU comprises three faculties: Faculty of Management, Faculty of Psychology and Pedagogics, Faculty of Additional Professional Education with the specializations in Management, State and Municipal Management, Psychology, Foreign Languages, Tourism and Hotel Business.
The Academia’s founder is The Ministry of Education of Moscow Region.
The state license is №0458, dated 07.12.12. The state accreditation is №1388, dated 20.07.15.
Lidya Antonova, Doctor of Pedagogics, Alexander Asmolov, Doctor of Psychology and Vecheslav Ivannikov, Doctor of Psychology have become the inspirers of the Academy’s foundation.
The Rector of ASOU Academy is Alexander Salov, Doctor of Philosophy, Chairman of Scientific Council.
The Scientific Supervisor of the Academy is Alexander Asmolov, Doctor of Psychology, Member of Russian Academy of Education. Under his tenure ASOU has embarked on a comprehensive program of educational modernization and innovation, including closer integration with European higher education, through entrance into the Bologna process, the broadening of international contacts.
Every year ASOU accepts new students, from many regions of the Russian Federation. Students from C.I.S. (Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Ukraine) are also studying at the moment.
We are successfully starting our international cooperation with the educational institutions around the world being deeply interested in mutually-beneficial corroboration and membership in various international associations and unions.
In order to enable International department to go through all formalities for an invitation, the following data is necessary for The International Relations Department:Автор Сергей Геннадьевич
1. The aim of your visit and the name of the person who had invited you.
2. A photocopy of the passport, i.e. the one with your photo (sometimes photocopies are unclear, please send us the additional information on block letters: passport number and terms of passport validity).
3. The full address of your organization, where you work/study (country, zip/postal code, city, street, civic number, telephone and fax numbers).If you neither work nor study please provide your home address and home telephone number.
4. The full name of the organization where you work/study.
5. Your status in this organization, i.e. professor, student etc.
6. Please specify country, district, city of your birth.
7. Please indicate (Embassy or Consulate) where you are going to get your visa.
8. What type of visa you require (single, double or multiple).
9. The exact date of your visit to ASOU.
10. Where will you live (hostel ASOU, hotel or private apartment)
11. Mail and telephone contact at which you expect our invitation.
12. Post address (country, zip or postal code, city, street and number, telephone number) where you would like the original of the invitation to be sent.
This information should reach us not later than one month before your supposed arrival, because the invitations are issued through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia and terms of invitation issue are determined by the Ministry and not by ASOU.
If any of these 8 points is not fulfilled, please note that we would not be able to issue your invitation.
If you have any other questions, please, don't hesitate to contact us Tel.: +7(495)354-82-47, +7(495)354-82-74, extension 126
- admission of foreign students
- realization of academic mobility of the ASOU students and faculty
- coordination of different international projects
- processing of foreign business trips for the ASOU faculty and staff
- processing of foreign scholarships for the ASOU students
- preparation of draft agreements with foreign partner Universities
- conclusion of agreements for admission of foreign students
- issue of necessary documents: student ID, permission documents etc.
- organization of Summer and Winter international programs
- accommodation at the ASOU dormitory
- meeting and parting of teachers and students at airports
- processing of invitations at Federal Migration Service for foreign undergraduate and postgraduate students, professors and researches
- processing of visas for foreign business trips (For the ASOU staff)
- processing of invitations and business visas for foreign teachers
- registration of duration of stay and extension of visas for foreign students, researches and scientists
- registration and extension of duration of stay for CIS citizens
- preparation and organization of international conferences and seminars
- organization of joint cultural activities with the help of foreign embassies
- organization of public lectures of international professors, public figures and politicians
Tel: +7(495) 354-82-47, +7(495)354-82-74, extension 126
International Relations Department
The Academy of Public Administration (ASOU) International Relations Department as an element of the ASOU educational, research and innovational development was founded in April 2015 for coordination and practical realization of international cooperation with foreign partners. Our primary goal is to encourage the ASOU integration into the world research, educational and informational field.
Today the ASOU cooperates with more than 10 partners worldwide.
With the help of foreign embassies and active student participation, International Relations Department organizes different cultural and research activities such as exhibitions, conferences, concerts, presentations of famous writers and days of national cultures, etc. Cultural Cooperation with foreign partners gives a wonderful opportunity to learn more about national traditions and customs, history and languages of different countries.
Head of International Relations Department: Sergey N. Volkov
Head Specialist of International Relations Department: Stanislaw I. Ksenzhik
Tel: +7(495) 354-82-47, +7(495)354-82-74, extension 126